The website has been installed on a new server. Instead of just copying it over I rebuilt the website with more CSS and no tables. If there is anyone out there who reads this stuff, please bear with me as the posts were copied over one by one. Most comments are gone and trackbacks are not (yet) implemented. And I'll post some new entries soon, of course.
Six decades old now.
Decided to migrate everything to Drupal 8 as part of my new keep-busy keep-up-to-date plan. Since all the news is fake these days I think it may be time for me to get back into the blogging business and write something.
I also plan to attach at least once feed from this website to my micro.blog and probably may eventually delete a lot of my other social media links to focus on having one presence online.
Well I've moved my personal blog into a Drupal powered site which now completely ends my brief romance with blojsom. Hopefully this romance with Drupal will last a little longer* since I am tired of working on websites for free.
If you are looking for blogs about more technical stuff, then visit my "forgotten software" website.
*actually I'm studying Ruby on Rails now.
Well, the nightmare continues. I decided to try an Apache2 setup on my server. But using DarwinPorts I was unable to get subversion to build the mod_dav_svn. It wouldn't put it into the already installed Apache2 server in /opt. I tried all the variants including building a DarwinPorts Apache2 installation. In the end, I decided to look at Fink which I haven't tried in years.
I was bringing up subversion on my server. I used DarwinPorts to do the install on both my personal machine and the server. Ports seemed easier to me than my past experiences with Fink, but Fink does allow you to update all your installed software with just a few commands. DarwinPorts makes you do it package by package. But I am beginning to think that given how easily unix software breaks, I'd rather do my upgrades one at a time.